Monday, November 7, 2011

Christmas is Coming

I cannot believe that Thanksgiving is in a few weeks!!  Then that means that Christmas is right. around. the. corner.  ARGH!  I have figured out what I'm getting Luke though.  We do "something you want, something you need, something to wear and something to read" for presents, because it helps cut down on the vast materialism of the holiday.  And then of course a stocking, but that's a small stocking- just 1 small thing, candy, and an ornament.  For his want, I'm buying a Thomas the Train set or Sponge Bob Lego set.  For his need, I'm purchasing a dinosaur sheet set for his bed.  For his read, we are holding the school's book fair this week, so I'm getting  something from him there.  Of course, I don't know which book, but that's only because I don't know what they're going to have there on offer.  And his wear is a pair of pajamas, we do that as a tradition every year- we buy a new pair of pajamas to wear for Christmas Eve. 

I love that- it's 4 presents, and it's not obscene.  I know people who give their kids 10 gifts!  10!  Not including stocking stuffers or outside their immediate family!  Crazy!  But, these are the same parents who complain because their children are spoiled.  Really?  Gee,  I wonder why your kids are spoiled brats- you give them everything they want! 

No comments:

Post a Comment