Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Cold and dreary day...

I'm sitting in my nice warm house, watching CNN, and crocheting snowflakes for a local craft show I'm participating in in a few weeks.  It's chilly outside, and the rain is dreary and cold.  :(  As much as I don't want to admit it, I know winter's almost here.  Boo.  That means scraping my truck before work, bundling up to go outside, and freezing my tushy off.  Boo!!!!  Winter is so depressing anyway, and I always try and avoid the thought/images as much as possible. 

The dreariness isn't helped by some news I received last night.  My mom's older brother has been in the hospital for over a week, and we just found out about it.  WTH?  Yup, he's having heart issues, along with internal bleeding and diabetes.  I can't believe my aunt never even bothered to call her own brother and sisters in law to let them know!  I just hope that nothing happens to him, and he continues to recover.   I just can't imagine it- my mom called his wife(my aunt) and my aunt 'had to' call my uncle to see if he wanted his sister to know what was going on.  I just hope my brothers and I aren't like that when we 'grow up'.  Yeah, I still consider us children, even though we're all over 30!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment