Tuesday, September 6, 2011

An attitude of grattitude

I've been thinking so much about that kind of attitude.  I try so hard to be grateful for everything I've been given, although I know sometimes I fall short. I have enough to eat, somewhere warm to sleep, a car to drive, a job to go to.  I also have enough money to pay my bills. I have my health, and a wonderful son.  All that is more than I can say for a lot of people. 

Sometimes, it's so hard to remember how blessed I am though- I want to go somewhere, and I don't have the money.  I want to do something, but I have to work.  I'm so grateful I'm not saying, I want to go somewhere but I can't, because of my health, or because I have no way to get there.   

One of my jobs, I work for a gambling establishment. Most of the women (and really, if you saw this place, you'd realize I wasn't exaggerating!) are fantastic.  They say please and thank you, and are grateful for what we do for them.  But, there are some that you can't please no matter what.  You do and do and do, and they still want more.  I wonder what's going on in their lives that they just expect everything to be handed to them.  Were they raised that way?  Is it because of something else?  I don't know, and it's rude to ask.  *shrugs*



No comments:

Post a Comment