Tuesday, June 5, 2012

That is NOT allowed!!

Seriously, I say this every summer when Luke is out of school- do not go grocery shopping with him, because I end up blowing my grocery budget!  I went to Meijer yesterday, and, granted, had to pick up a bunch of stuff that isn't purchased every week, like toilet paper and saran wrap, but somehow, lunchables got into the cart.  Along with this obese woman's comments.  Really, at what point is it acceptable to comment on what other people are purchasing?  I never in a million years would think it's all right to make a comment about what someone else is buying!
I also didn't save very much- only like $5 on over $120.00, but like I said, I bought a lot of yucky extras that are necessary.  :P  I also stocked up on chicken breasts, which are on an awesome sale- $1.77/lb.  And those last forever, since we use 1 chicken breast per meal! 
And,  I love that I'm not driving all over God's creation during my prime cooking time!  Now that Luke is out of school, we've got a home cooked meal on the table every night!  Love it!  Last night, I made Thai chicken pizza, thanks to a meeting that I attended at MacKenzie River Pizza.  I brought the idea home and made it for the family.  And, it's just as good as it was there!  It was gone last night- no leftovers! I didn't even get to take a picture of it- but just imagine, if you will, homemade pizza crust with chili sauce, marinated chicken, green onions, peanuts, 3 kinds of cheese, and then cilantro on top, after the pizza itself is cooked.  Fantastically yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment