Saturday, June 23, 2012

I think it's time for me to fly...

The crap hit the fan last night here.  I found some pictures of my son on facebook that were not set to private, and I flipped.  I did not know about these pictures, and I am not okay with them being on there.  I very calmly asked them to be removed, and I was called a 'rhymes with witch'.  I'm like, set your stuff to private, or here's a concept, ask the person who's kid it actually is if you can post pictures online of them.  So yeah, we sat and screamed at each other for about 20 minutes last night- good times.  They're going to take the pictures down, they 'didn't realize' that we weren't ok with them putting pictures of Luke up.  I'm just amazed that it didn't occur to them to ask us if they could do it.  I realize that they assume we're family, but I'm a 'rhymes with witch' when it comes to Luke.  And it's asshat and asshat's wife, so I really shouldn't be surprised that they did this.  I mean, they are dumber than rocks.  Yes, this is the one that married a student.  And, is finally renewed to be able to teach, after teaching 3+ years on an invalid license.  Yeah, my in laws are winners!
So I'm actually pretty calm about it all- I said a lot of things that needed to be said to her about her and her husband.  Of course, I remembered after several things that should have been said.  But whatever, I got the vast majority of things off my chest. She said some pretty hurtful things to me. They both know I dislike them immensely now.  And, I'm cool with that. 
That being said, the way Charlie acted after it was all over makes me realize that he's never going to be what I need him to be for me. And it's time to start getting my ducks in a row.  Because I'm not sure how much longer I am going to be married to him.  And, overall, I'm cool with that as well.  Luke needs someone to show him how to be a husband, who sticks up for his wife.  And defends her to his family.  <--which obviously did not happen last night.  Which, at least I found this out now.  I wish I had found it out sooner, but, c'est la vie! 

No comments:

Post a Comment