Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Colder than a....

Fill in the blank as you see fit!  Brian and O'Brien say that it's a high of about 18? today, and I honestly think that it hit that last night sometime.  Thank God our house is warm and cozy, even though our furnace hasn't turned off for more than about an hour at a time since Sunday!
I've also been shirking my cooking duties- I haven't done anything cool from Pinterest, and I've just been slogging through just making whatever sounds good from our menu and the freezers.  Tonight is shrimp quesadillas to clean up the leftover shrimp from shrimp scampi last week.  I do occasionally splurge on shrimp- although not very often- that's $4 per meal just for that.  Leetle high, no?
I did, however, take one more step into self sufficient hood.  I made my own laundry soap.  Thank you Duggars!  It is sitting in my kitchen right now, because it's HEAVY, and Charlie hasn't taken it downstairs yet.  He's making noises about once he finishes his current container of coffee he'll load it up, and take it downstairs.  I'm like, whatever, just move it out of the way so I don't kill myself on it!  I haven't used it yet, like I said, I still have some Gain downstairs that I want to finish first.  Yay for saving money on both our laundry, and the Goodwill laundry I bring home to wash and resell on ebay!
It seems like I've been running around with stuff to do.  I hit Goodwill on Friday per my paycheck schedule.  :)  I've been posting on ebay like a fiend.  My goal is to make my student loan payment every month through selling.  If I can turn $50 a month into $350, we'll be doing well.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment