Friday, November 30, 2012

Total Life Makeover....

I'm reading a book called Almost Amish, by Nancy Sleeth.  She talks a lot about simplifying your life, and living more like the Amish do.  This isn't the first book that I've read about simplifying your life, or even about the Amish in that regard.  But, maybe because of events recently, and family discussions we've had recently, it's hit me a lot harder than normal.  We've fallen away from Dave Ramsey.  Our bills are barely under control.  Murphy has moved into the spare bedroom.  And honestly?  Murphy needs to leave.  And this blog isn't just about money, and it's not about Dave Ramsey.

I want to live my life more like the Amish do.  Less facebook, more face to face.  Less clutter, more peace.  More family time, less TV.

This isn't going to be an easy change- I admit that.  Charlie will be on board with it, he already hates the TV. Luke, not so much, but he's only 7, so what we say goes.  :)  We'll start out easy- 1 evening a week, no tv.  Then 2, then we'll go from there.  I am already decluttering, but need to do more.  I'm trying to sell stuff, and that's working, it just needs to go faster!

If we start with one thing, one simple change, then the next change won't be so hard.  Or so huge.  It's just the first step.




And it begins with turning off the television 1 night a week.  Where it ends up?  Who knows- but that's the beauty of the journey.  I know where we'd LIKE it to end up, but God's really in control of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment