Monday, September 19, 2011

We all want things....

But, that doesn't mean we're going to get what we want!  We are working on this with our oldest- he's decided that since he's ridden the bus both ways a few times, he deserves a moving train.  Um.... not so much.  :/  Like I told him- we all want things, but we don't always get what we want.  We get what we need.  And, he doesn't need another train.  He got 2 this weekend, and he didn't really do anything to deserve them.  I'm tired of bribing because he doesn't want to do something that he needs to do.  So I told him when we got off the bus, you got two this weekend, and you don't get any more  any time soon.  Sorry.  Too bad, so sad. 

I'm not sure how else we can break this habit of his.  We do give an allowance, and are trying to do the Dave Ramsey method of saving, spending and giving, but I don't know what else to do.  I never got an allowance when I was kid, so I'm totally in uncharted territory with this!

No comments:

Post a Comment