Monday, September 26, 2011

Cooking with Frugal Girl

Let's just be frank here, I love cooking.  In my dream world, I have a huge farmer's kitchen, with tons of cabinets and counter space, where I bake bread daily or every other day, and I create wonderful home cooked meals daily for my family.  In reality, my kitchen is....not quite that nice, although, I try and compensate for it, by having pantries in addition to my meager counter space.  And in terms of cooking, I do the best I can, I bake bread almost every few days, and have struggled with, and have mostly succeeded with cooking 6 days out of 7, and going out only 1 time a week.  I've told my husband that if I had a bigger/better kitchen I'd cook more!  And enjoy it!  :) 

I collect cookbooks, and am a semi professional cook (I get paid for it, but I don't do it daily).  So I can look at recipes, and kind of change things around so that the recipes are good for me and my family.  And I'm also on Weight Watchers, so that is another thing that I am constantly tweaking in recipes- the nutritional content.  And I enjoy doing that.  I enjoy making things healthier and better for us. 

I don't know that I'll ever post some of my recipes here, just because it seems almost pretentious, but I might.  If I'm feeling....well.... pretentious!  

No comments:

Post a Comment