Tuesday, February 7, 2012

GDI?

I went to a small, Midwestern University with a very strong Greek system.  I wanted to rush a specific house, but was told not to go through Formal Rush, because they weren't going to deal with everything, and just pass bids out during Informal rush.  Nationals didn't like that, and actually yanked their house.  So I didn't get into my first choice house.  I went through formal rush as a sophomore, knowing that they only took a few sophomore women- my year they took 9.  Out of about 250 women or so.  I was decently okay with it, although it still stung from not being able to rush my first choice house the year before.
So now I'm reading a book called Pledged: The Secret Life of Sororities, by Alexandra Robbins, and I'm immediately 19 again, going through rush, and being rejected from all of the houses.  Weird, how I'm almost 20 years out of that situation, and I'm immediately plunged right back into the feelings that I had when I went through it the first time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment