Thursday, May 31, 2012

Rest In Peace, Jedi Noah....

This has been weighing heavily on my mind ever since Sunday morning.  We (I should say I), 'met' this little boy, Noah, in church on Sunday morning.  As I was standing outside in the Narthex, there was a binder with pictures of this adorable boy and his parents meeting The Pope, and a basket of bracelets, and his story.  So I read it.  If you want to read the entire heartbreaking story, find it here.
 And I felt myself being called yet again to children with cancer.  I don't know why, I don't know for what reason, but I've had this call before.  I need to do something about it, definitely pray about it, see where it leads.  I told my husband before when the possibility of us moving to Memphis was on the table- I'd love to work for St. Jude's but it would break my heart, and I'd come home in tears every night.  But, I was happily browsing the open positions there, and figuring out how my background fit into their openings.  So even though it was going to hurt me, I wanted to do it so badly.  I still do.  Even though we are planted in central Indiana. 

No comments:

Post a Comment