Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Customer Service is so lacking these days....

I joke about the fact that I'm going to be the crochety old lady shaking her fist at people as they walk by.  But I'm really secretly quite serious about that.  I have very precise ways that I feel things need to be done, and how people need to behave- especially if I'm paying them money to do something for me.  I do not expect groveling, I expect politeness, and, doing the best you can to help me resolve my issue.  Because chances are really good that by the time I call you, I've tried everything in my power to resolve it, or figure it out on my own.  And *now* I'm angry.  This has happened twice this week already.  And it's only Tuesday.  I can't WAIT to see what next week and the rest of this week will bring.  :(
The first one was Chase Bank.  As most of you all know, we recently moved.  Three weeks ago, I called, and let them know the updated snail mail address.  I was also quite clear, and asked the girl, as there are 4 accounts associated with my name, to make sure that all 4 accounts had been updated.  She stated they had been.  No problem, or so I thought.  Last week, I got a bounce check notice, (oops, my bad!) and noticed that it had gone to my old address.  Um, ok, whatever.  Sunday night, I tried yet again to get paypal to work so that I could purchase a gift card for Disney when we go, and it wasn't going through.  PayPal kept saying that the address didn't match my billing address, etc.  So I call Chase.  Yeah.  Those 4 accounts?  Only 2 of them had been changed, and when I questioned it, I was told that it would take 30 days to update it.  WTF?  Seriously- a multi billion dollar industry can't update addresses instantly?  So I spent an HOUR on the phone with them, because they couldn't get it straightened out.  The woman put me on hold, and when she comes back on, I just told her they won.  I couldn't take their incompetence anymore, and I was going to leave their bank, because I couldn't deal with them anymore.  She kept on trying to get me to talk to HER manager, but I was like, no, you keep trying to get me to talk to them, but I don't care enough anymore to talk to him/her.  I'm done with Chase.  So when we get back, I'm going to start switching everything to Indiana Members.  It's going to suck, having to change all those instant payments, but who the hell cares at this point?  I don't. 
The second one is a local mom, whom I trusted to book our Disney trip.  I've been the one emailing asking questions, etc.  She has not once emailed telling me what's going on, when I should be expecting stuff from Disney, etc.  She posted something about packets, so I'm like Yay, I'll be looking for mine.  I get the response, oh you should get it today, great, right?  No.  She mailed it to the WRONG address.  And then today, I get a message from her, oh, well, they'll forward it to you, right?  Well, yes, the post office will forward, but you've had the packet from Disney for over a week, and the trip is in a week for us.  That's not cool already.  I should have just planned/booked my own trip, and skipped using a travel agent.  And, really, in her defense, they did just move as well, however, we were booked before she moved, and all the business stuff should have been a priority for her.  I don't expect a lot, I expect common courtesy.  And maybe she just doesn't feel I'm a priority for her, but Disney paid her to book this trip.  Maybe because I didn't get the dining package.  Maybe because I'm not doing a bunch of add-ons.  I don't know.  All I know is next time we do Disney, I'm going my own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment