Thursday, February 7, 2013

I went on a baking spree yesterday!

I made two loaves of Sourdough Bread, and then we actually had pizza with homemade crust yesterday.  Now, I'm officially out of flour, and can't do anything else until I buy more!  But, that's cool, because I'm back on my quest to remove store bought bread from our diet.  Charlie is all about saving money, but like I told him, if one day a week, I make several loaves, and I'm in the oven all day, we'll save money overall, because I'm only baking one day a week!  So our furnace won't be on as much!
Now, if I could only stop buying toilet paper.....  No, seriously, do you have that one thing or two, that you absolutely HATE purchasing?  For me, it's toilet paper and laundry detergent.  Now that we make our own detergent, the thought *has* crossed my mind to figure out something that can replace the tp.  I have some ideas, but am not sure if I want to take the plunge, and actually try and switch.  Charlie keeps coming back to the laundry, and the fact that we have our drain pipe from the laundry out in the yard.  Which might be the factor that doesn't allow me to do it.  BUT, in my defense, how is that different than cloth diapers?  So we shall see if I can convince the tree hugger to go even more tree huggery!

No comments:

Post a Comment