Sunday, August 12, 2012

Yeah, I've come to a conclusion

I have absolutely no maternal instinct for anyone other than Luke. And I'm fine with that. I've got 2 older nieces and I have no clue what to talk to them about. The two younger girls I don't even care enough about them to talk to them or play/ interact with them. And I'm fine with that. Even with Luke's friends, I don't have a lot to say to them, and don't really know how to interact or talk to them. I always fell like I'm asking them baby questions or something. And again, I'm fine with that.
It's strange though- when I was pregnant with Luke I wanted a ton of kids. Now? And over the course of the last few years, I've come to the conclusion that I'm happiest with just one child. Luke is old enough now where I don't have to entertain him constantly. He's more independent. I can't imagine going back to diapers or bottles or waking up every few hours to feed/ change a baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment