Friday, June 15, 2012

Grateful. So very grateful.

So many people are not grateful for what they are given. I try not to be that way, and so today, I am grateful for my mom's safe surgery that she had on Tuesday.
I've been at my parents house since Tuesday and I'm leaving to go back home on Sunday. But, until then, I've been helping momma with stuff around the house since she can't do anything. Well, she can sit and crochet and sleep. But that's it. And that's what she should be doing. It's kind of tough for me to see her so dependent on everyone- like it's a foreshadow of things to come. But I know that in a few short weeks she'll be back to her normal self. Going to the boat nightly with dad. And crabbing about work. And I'm glad- and will willingly listen to her complaints because it means that she is still here with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment