Wednesday, February 19, 2014

The SUN! The SUN!!

That was just said in Tattoo's voice from Fantasy Island!  I ABSOLUTELY don't want to jinx anything by that title, either.  The sun is shining, the snow is melting, and I'm refilling my depleted Vitamin D supplies.  I'm baking bread, washing clothes, and listing things in my eBay shop.  It's truly amazing what a good day of sunshine can do to your mood, especially after the winter we've had.  I'm hoping we're at the end of it, and we don't have any more snow over the next month or so, however, I know there's usually 'winter's last gasp' right around St. Patrick's Day.  Hopefully, the gasp will be little more than a sigh this year. 

Monday was a make up day from all of our snow.  So Charlie and I decided to do some shopping together.  He needed some cat litter and dirt, and I wanted to go Goodwill shopping at the outlet.  So we hopped in his truck, and headed out.  I got some amazing bargains at Goodwill (thank you $.90/lb) that are washed, and ready to be listed.  After a quick lunch, we headed out to Home Depot.  Honestly, I was not looking forward to there, I didn't think they had seeds out yet.  BUT THEY DID!!!  Whoop!! 

So I ended up purchasing some seeds- black beans, zucchini, and jalepenos.  I'm uber excited, because I haven't ever seen black bean seeds outside of a catalog, and I was honestly afraid I was going to have to purchase them from a catalog or the one place I bought seeds from last year that arrived smelling like an ashtray had been packaged in the envelope for a few days prior to mailing.  THAT was gross. 

I still have several items in two different shopping baskets online.  One at Territorial Seed Company, and the other at Burpee.  Between the two of them, we have about $40 worth of additional seeds that I want to order, and make the husband plant. It's kind of a problem, when we only have a tiny tiny garden.  I'm getting very adept at container gardening, to be honest. 

No comments:

Post a Comment